A Little Bit Of Sunshine

8:43 PM

...in my life.

I never did like that song. I do; however, LOVE sunshine! In honor of the first day of Spring (not that it hasn't already been 80+ here for WEEKS) we caught some rays.

My sweet Jonah and I got our tan on along with my sisters and mother...

Then Will, Liam, and I took a stroll and had a peanut butter crackers and bottled water picnic by the pond.

 










even the doggies came along and enjoyed it!







We had fabulous views... go ahead and get jealous!





I'm really so thankful that we have been able to stay on my family's land in this period of transition and moving that we are in. When I lived here before I got married, I really did take it for granted. I appreciated the acreage because my life was all horses all the time, but the beauty of the pond, the wildflowers, the solitude... I didn't appreciate it. I feel like now I really have a second chance to take it all in.

I'm also so thankful for the sunshine. I've been dealing with bouts of anxiety and postpartum depression since Liam was born. It's a very real and unfortunate reality of child bearing I suppose. Sunshine is like nature's medicine. Anytime I feel those walls closing in on me, a 10 minute dose of sunshine clears my head and gets me back to my happy place!

Any other sunshine lovers out there?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. *hand up* I'm a sunshine lover too! The sun shines almost everyday and isn't it amazing that you add some warm temperatures, some birds singing, some bugs flying around and some trees and flowers blooming and it just makes you feel good! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete