A Trial Run

7:19 PM

First I have to brag on my super sweetheart of a husband.

Some background info: When Will and I got married we each came into the relationship with an Apple laptop (I <3 Apple), I had an iBook and he had a MacBook. It was then deemed "unnecessary" and "frivolous" to be in possession of 2 such fabulous laptops. Mine being the older, less valuable, and the one financed, was sold. Since that time, Will has upgraded his MacBook EVERY time Apple releases a new one... and Leah uses a crummy, hand-me-down Dell PC... That she NEVER complains about having to use. Not that I'm keeping score or anything like that...

I DO have an iPhone... I can't lie! (I'm blogging from it now! Woot!) AND it HAS been upgraded EVERY time Apple releases a new one. So I am thankful for that. HOWEVER, I have been a tad envious of my husbands super sweet Apple products... Namely his MacBook!

Being a fantastic man and future father, Will surprised me with an iPad last week! So I traded in the Dell and I've been doing all of my computering from said iPad. So far, so good. I've run into a few snags with not having flash (darn you, Apple!!) and I will have to use Will's MacBook for my serious photo editing. Aside from those mini setbacks, I'm facebooking, blogging, and pinteresting (the only things that really matter) from iPad or iPhone with ease! Yay! Plus, the calendar totally rocks my world! Three cheers for organization!!

Now to the real story of the night.

I ordered my pack and play from target.com a few weeks ago. I figured it was one of those "needs" that was a little too pricey for anyone else to purchase for me. It was on sale at the time, so I took the bait and handed them my card info! It came in super fast and it has just been sitting in Liam's room in the shipping box (like pretty much everything else!). So apparently I was feeling frisky enough to pull that bad boy out and "put it together".

Now, I know this is my first child, but I am no stranger to the pack and play. I remember my mother using one for my siblings at the pool or park or anywhere we might have been that she could whip it out and set wee baby down. They're every mom's go to tool! The one thing I remember most about pack and plays is their portability and ease of use. Well let me tell you about mine!

MY pack and play is a fancy model. It comes with 600 useless plastic pieces that have to be assembled and added on. A changing table, a storage bin, a mobile, a nightlight and music box... What the heck?! I spent an hour reading directions and inserting part A into part B until a hear a click but without cracking the plastic... Oh my. Here is my super fancy pants pack and play all assembled.






Granted, the "bones" of it, and by that I mean the actual pack and play sans ridiculous attachments, is super easy. It pops right open and ta-da, baby holder! The bassinet part takes some time to install, but it's sturdy and works well.

I say all of this not to complain about the pack and play and all of it's plastic attachment glory, but to make note that I'm thankful for that "Trial Run". I can only imagine a few weeks from now, baby in hand and running on no sleep, trying to assemble that thing! What a nightmare! I Now feel prepared to whip out my pack and play anytime with no hesitation or directions! I'm starting to wish that I had more trial run opportunities available... Like for Labor!

While I'm sharing. Here is a pic of Liam's nursery.




Can you say not ready? It's like a really bad I-Spy. It does have an AWESOME changing table ($32.50 from the thrift store and NEVER USED!! Thanks, Mom and Dad!). It may or may not stay that color... Stay tuned for that one.

Here is his precious closet... well, half really. Someone (me!) has some washing to do!




The countdown is ON! maximum 4 weeks until Liam arrives... I've got a lot to do!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. well you're way ahead of me!

    I loooooooooooove our pack n play. Especially the basinetty thing for when they are first born..in case reflux is an issue!

    Hope you're feeling ok!!

    ReplyDelete